Saturday, January 6, 2007

PELMOS POLITICAL TRANSLATION GUIDE

Today's lesson boys and girls is political speak.
Whenever there is a political hiring, especially when it involves friends or family, there are key words to watch for.
QUALIFIED: I am giving unemployed friend, relative or fill in the blank, a low or mid-level job.
VERY QUALIFIED: Same as above, as to whom is getting the job. But now the job is high paying, and the person is the least qualified for the job, but is getting it because I have the power to do so.
EMINENTLY QUALIFIED: Taken from Sun Times story titled (Stroger hires best friend's wife). She will be hired to a $126,000 job. Loosely translated, you knew I was going to do things like this, and you moron's still elected me.

3 comments:

La Sirena said...

I'm qualified -- but really, don't you think certain people should have labeled me "eminently qualified".

BTW --I voted for Stroger knowing full well what I was getting myself into...It was between the guy who was corrupt who was going to keep the hospital open for ALL necessities OR the guy who was corrupt (Betty Loren Maltese bought him his original board seat) who would shut everything down in favor of tax cuts for the rich.

The Lady knows it's fishy and votes in favor of the corrupt who throw crumbs at the starving masses.

Pelmo said...

That should be "extremely eminently qualified".
The problem is those crumbs are followed by a litany of honey dipped vocabulary, and the masses think they have found the Holy Grail.

La Sirena said...

I try to remember that it takes a certain kind of (disordered?) personality to go into politics.