Saturday, January 20, 2007

I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE

My big wish for the two games that will be played on Sunday, is that all four teams lose, and maybe then they will cancel the super bowl and all the hype associated with it.
For the past two weeks the airways as well as the papers are filled with drivel about how it's destiny and how much the Saints have meant and done for to the city of New Orleans. From what I see only the business district is flourishing and the rest is a toilet bowl.
If the Bears win, if I am to believe all the prognosticators, my life will change for ever. I was told this every time there was a championship to be won.
Whether they won or lost, the sun seemed to rise and set at the same time. The bills still arrived and I had to pay them. The city made millions but my taxes kept on rising. I don't want to turn on the news and watch reporters sticking their mikes into peoples faces as they rant and rave how there lives will never be the same if they win. Besides they are not the New Orleans Saints or the Chicago Bears. They are a bunch of guys who play for those teams, with no pride or loyalty toward those cities. Over ninety percent don't even live in the city they play for in the off season. If there was this much coverage about our politicians, we would have a better and a more honest government.

No comments: