Wednesday, January 10, 2007

IT"S NOT THE CUE STICK

Ah, back to pre-historic times. When I was in my youth my best friend was a pool hustler, and I his shill. One day as I grabbed a cue stick from the rack, I rolled it on the table to see if it was straight.. He just took one from the rack and was ready to go. The words he spoke, have stuck with me to this day. "It's not the cue stick, it's the man behind the cue ", as he made shot after shot.
I have to laugh as I watch people in sporting good stores, part with their hard earned money, as they purchase air Jordan's or golf clubs and clothing endorsed by Tiger.
I hate to burst peoples bubbles, if you did't dunk the ball before you bought those shoes your not going to afterwards. Or if your golf score equals your bowling score, like mine does, all that clothing and equipment won't make a difference.
January is a great month to belong to a gym, as all the novices who have made their New Year's resolution to look like a Greek statue. You can always spot them as they wear the latest lines of clothing. You have to use the equipment and sweat, for that $50 t-shirt to work and wick away that sweat.
Check it out some time, why pay all that money for a name. He has his millions, but is willing to take more of yours. check out the off brands and you will be surprised at how much you save and how much better some of them are.

No comments: