Monday, June 18, 2007

YOU DIDN"T DISAPPOINT ME

While killing time in an auto parts store, I cruised the aisle seeing what was new. I then stopped in the aisle that had valve stem covers for tires and since two of them were missing from my vehicle, I decided to buy a package.

The dilemma was, that there were so many to choose from. Should I spend a dollar and purchase the same dull black plain ones that came with the vehicle, or should I tap into my vast financial portfolio and spend a couple of bucks more.

My better senses told me to go for the bland, but in a moment of weakness I decided to go up in class and spend a dollar more. As I walked to the cashiers counter the doubts began to filter in as to how long these domed shaped with silver stripe covers would last.

I left the vehicle alone for four days, and to no surprise found all four gone on my return. I am glad, since I have been know to place a wager or two legally or with a bookie, and in this case I would have wagered that they would have lasted at least a week or two. So the only disappointment I have, is how fast they disappeared.

4 comments:

La Sirena said...

People steal the strangest things...

Pelmo said...

No, they stole my four valve stem covers.

Woodlandmama said...

Did you hear the one about the girl at the pool stealing Rory's goggles, and then her mom backed her up?

Pelmo said...

I was going to write about that, but it would have been a profanity laced one, since a moronic parent was involved.