Tuesday, June 5, 2007

THE OLD FASHIONED WAY

There is a liquor store that is not to far away from my abode. Even if I was a tea totter, I would em bide in these alcoholic beverages, for medicinal purposes only, mind you, just because they play by the old fashioned rules.

From the time they open, till they close the stream of people is so steady that the place works like a fine tuned Swiss watch. The selection and prices are fantastic. The decor is in the staff who are very help full and efficient. No fancy names or gimmicks. Just great prices. The profit comes from the high volume of sales.

No overpaid CEO's, no beating last quarter profits to worry about. Both the customer and owner win as both parties are happy. One at saving money and the other making it.

No one greeting me at the door, no one bothering me while I shop, for they are to busy stocking the shelves. If all businesses ran as well as this place, we would all be better off. Like I said the old fashioned way.

2 comments:

La Sirena said...

That's because it's one of the best liquor stores in the state -- if not the country. Rumor has it they also have a ridiculously GINORMOUS basement.

Pelmo said...

I think it is the best in the country.