Monday, June 11, 2007

STUPID QUESTION OF THE DAY

I just shook my head in amazement as I dined and spoke with some patrons in Oakland's fine dining emporium, who had returned from watching the St. Louis Cardinals engage in a game of baseball the previous night.

The question was, why would people part with $8.25, for a beer, so that over compensated athletes could ask for more outlandish salaries? I could understand one to quench a parched throat. But from the conversation, it seemed people were consuming them as if Prohibition was to start at midnight.

We hear complaints every day how the gap is growing between the haves and have no ts, yet we are the ones wielding the shovels, as we dig ourselves into a deeper hole.

2 comments:

Parisian Cowboy said...

I agree with you : the gap is getting deeper and deeper.

Pelmo said...

And we are digging at a furious pace. No one to blame but ourselves.