Saturday, June 9, 2007

FATHER'S DAY PRESENTS

For the past several weeks, we have seen adds in print and TV for those perfect Father's Day gifts. Let's show dad how much we love him by going into debt and purchasing that wide screen plasma TV, or if he is a golfer, that driver that costs an arm and leg.

As for me I got my first present almost thirty-three years ago. That was followed by another a year later, then I had to wait three years for the third one. Thirty years later I got three more in one day.

These six, have combined to produce eight "grand" presents, making me not only a father, but also a grandfather.

There is nothing they can purchase me that would bring me more joy then they have already given me or will give me in the future. There is no greater pleasure then hearing "grandpa you are driving me crazy". The hugs and kisses are worth millions.

As for the older presents, the thrill is when they disagree with me, and I can see they are thinking and have a mind of your own. Then I know I no longer have to worry that the decisions they are making or will be making, will be foolish ones.

I have fourteen reasons to be happy on father's day, and who knows how far this number may increase.

5 comments:

Meander said...

Very nice Pete.

La Sirena said...

Oh, wow!!! Sometimes this crabby old guy can be really sweet!

Pelmo said...

Even the crabby old guy can be a happy camper, with all those fantastic presents that he has.

Woodlandmama said...

Thanks, but I "disagree," (you forgot your four son-in-laws and Maria).

Pelmo said...

That's a given, I was just refering to what I have gotten as presents for father's day. The rest is like whipped cream with a cherry on top of a banana split.