Wednesday, June 27, 2007

VINDICATED AT LAST

For years now a lot of people had called me crazy for my one man war against purchasing products made in China. I should not refer to them as products but rather by there true name, which is junk.

Now the headlines for the past few months have vindicated me as one item after another falls into the junk category. Just today 400,000 tires were found to be defective. How many pets have perished by feeding poison laced pet food?
Toothpaste recalled due to tainted content.

We are giving our kids toys laced with lead, and stuffed animals filled with garbage. All of this under the guise of saving a few pennies.

It has become hard to find things made in the USA. But what a thrill it is when you do. Comparable to landing a three pound bass if your a fisherman, or a birdie if your a golfer. They are out there, but you have to hunt for them. The one thing I have found is that they are comparable in price, and sometimes even cheaper.

They ship billions of dollars of their junk here, but allow only a few of our products in for sale. Our biggest export to China is our scrap metal, which cause higher prices here. So where is the savings as we pay more for anything metalic.

So join me in this war and boycott the made in China labels, there will be a recruiting office opening in a neighborhood near you.

5 comments:

La Sirena said...

You were right, of course.

Pelmo said...

I have been fighting this lonely battle for years.

JoeC said...

About 10 years ago, driving past the nearby International Intermodal Center, my father-in-law pointed at the double-stacked containers coming off a 747 cargo plane, labeled "COSCO". He told me they stood for Chinese Overseas Shipping Company.

I thought he was joking, but several years later I happened to find out that those thousands of containers with COSCO on the side...the ones I saw at the airport and stacked on passing trains while I waited at the railroad stop...really were the property of the Chinese Overseas Shipping Company.

Those are big containers, too. Holy crap, there's a lot of Chinese junk coming into the states...

Pelmo said...

And they find it cheaper to build new ones to ship things here as these ugly eyesores fill our landscape.
I was in the Bath, Bed and Beyond store the other day, and more then half the things were made in China.
If they are made cheaper it shure doesn't reflect it in the price.

JoeC said...

Probably cheaper for Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy, but not for us consumers...Bed, Bath, and Beyond and all the other middlemen just take a bigger profit margin...