Sunday, July 22, 2007

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

I just don't understand this Harry Potter craze. I never saw guys sitting outside drug stores awaiting the arrival of the latest issue of Playboy when I was younger.

I do believe, however, that Playboy is a greater literary achievement then the Potter series; since it has something to please every-one's taste. There are colorful photos for the illiterate; stimulating articles for the inquisitive mind and short stories for those who love to read, yet have little time for it. Last but not least, there are cartoons to tickle the funny bone of everone. I really could understand anticipating the arrival of this fine literary creation.

2 comments:

cinnamonqueen said...

Hey Pelmo, I saw the line of teenagers waiting outside Oxford Street Waterstones as I was walking past on Thursday evening. They looked like they were having fun; maybe it is the community spirit. Yet I do not get the craze either. Though wouldn't mind being J.K Rowling for a few days so I can bask in the glory of yet another uber-bestseller.

Pelmo said...

The way you have with words, you never know, you might have people waiting in line for one of your books.
Oxford Street Waterstones, sounds like a place you would be waiting for the latest copy of Playboy instead of Harry Potter.