Sunday, July 29, 2007

HIGHWAYS NOT SPEEDWAYS

Traveling I-57 as I go to and from the farm I have made a few observations. One is that the majority of women drivers believe they are named Danica Patrick and that the vehicles they are driving are Indy cars.

Just a word of advice to these drivers about those speed limit signs that are posted along the roadside, you know the ones I mean, they have 65/55 MPH marked on them. Well, the top number is for vehicles and the lower one for trucks; it is not the total sum when you add them up, as most women seem to think.

At one time when I was younger I enjoyed the compliments I received from women about my rear end. Now, however, I am older so please stop drafting, and stay away from my back bumper. Besides I am married, and don't want to be introduced to you, no matter how cute you are. Even if I have to stop fast in an emergency, I want you to resist my rear end.

No matter your age, young, old or in between, it seems you all subscribe to the pedal to the metal theory. Please remember they are called highways and not speedways for a reason.

And, when you decide to cut back into the right lane, give it a few car lengths before you do; some of us are not professional drivers like you.

1 comment:

Woodlandmama said...

Give me a break troglodyte. Speeding has nothing to do with gender.