Monday, September 10, 2007

MULTI TASKING

I'm a fairly good driver. I did some wild and crazy things with a squad car and avoided accidents while doing so. Never spilled a drop of drink, as I sipped and drove at excessive speeds, zipping in and out of traffic.

I have to tip my hat to a driver I passed today on my way to the farm on I57. The gentleman I passed was clipping along at 65mph. Going by him, I glanced over and noticed he had a book open across the steering wheel. He had his head down and totally engrossed in the book. Kudos to him, for as I watched him disappear in my rear view mirror, he had better control of the vehicle then most people on cell phones.

5 comments:

JoeC said...

Wow...who needs books on tape!

Brent said...

Hey, I used to read the newspaper going down the interstate. The man has skills.

Pelmo said...

So if I invent a steering wheel book holder and light I can count on Joe and Brent to be first in line to purchase it.

Brent said...

I said used to. I have a child that is usually in the vehicle with me now.

JoeC said...

Hahaha. That'd be interesting, to put a "steering wheel book holder" on the store shelf just to spy on the reaction of customers. I'm sure many would scratch their heads, but I'll bet somebody would try to buy it, too.