Wednesday, September 12, 2007

BEER

I prefer the full bodied taste of imported beers. I find that I drink much less since they satisfy the taste for a beer; not like the massed produced domestic beers. I have tasted many a beer in my day, and they ran the gamut from great to drinkable.

Someone had left a bottle of Corona after a party, and I decided to give it a try. I wanted to see what the big thing was about this craze for it, especially among the younger crowd.

What disappointment I felt as I quaffed a few mouth fulls of this so called beer. It didn't taste or even feel like a beer. It was as if I was drinking colored water. I felt no remorse as I poured the rest down the drain.

I then went and retrieved one of my better beers, and as I sipped this beverage I pondered why this frenzy for it.

Quickly I realized that Madison Avenue had struck again. Put on a big ad campaign, print t-shirts, charge an exorbitant price and finally a gimmick of putting a lime inside of it. Suddenly you have the masses swearing it's nectar of the Gods. Have to give it to them, they are good.



3 comments:

La Sirena said...

It's not the nectar of the gods, but it's often on sale and it goes down easy when it's hot.

But your main point is spot on -- marketing over matter.

Now if you want to try a yummy Mexican beer -- cuz I know that you are an epicurean of all things Mexican -- try Pacifico. mmmmmmm

Pelmo said...

How did you know I liked horses?

La Sirena said...

A little pony told me.