Sunday, August 26, 2007

HEY STUPID,IT'S TELEVISION

Here is a news flash for all of the executives at CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news. If I wanted to read the news, I would part with fifty cents, and get my cardio workout in at the same time and go purchase a newspaper at the gas station on the corner.

I didn't turn on your station to read the scroll at the bottom of the screen; those cute bobble head dolls are supposed to do it for me. So don't repeat the same four or five stories every fifteen minutes. Do something brash, and report something besides Vick, Britney and the Utah mine disaster.

Don't you think that Michael Vick and all of those U.S. Marshall's are totally exhausted from going in and out of the court building for the hundred thousandth time; so change those standard videos once in a while.

What is with rounding up the Usual Suspects, to comment on the stories. I know what they are going to say, before they say it, as they spiel the same lines over and over. Try someone with an original idea, that would be so refreshing.

Last but not least, your a news station, not Entertainment Tonight. So stick with serious news stories that concern and inform me. There are enough stations for the brain dead to be entertained 24/7, so leave that fluff to them.


2 comments:

Brent said...

Pelmo,

The media has us trained to watch the same things over and over again just to see if anything has changed. You never know if Vick has changed his underwear or taken a drink of water within the past 10 minutes.

You need the same talking heads on day after day. After all, why pay Pat Buchanan, James Carville, and Newt Gingrich major money if you can't put them out there on each show that you have.

Also, don't you know that females that haven't done anything like Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and Lindsay Lohan are major news. Why, I have no idea, but they are!

I do have one question for you though. Why would you think that a 24/7 news channel would actually give you different news than what they give you now? I need to know that two children in Maine are missing even though I'm in Jamestown ND. Maybe I can get into my private jet, fly overhead and find those two wayward children. That's more important than knowing why the different sects in Iraq can't come together or why tax breaks are important or just a way to help already powerful corporations. Until America tells the news channels that they do indeed suck, we will continue to get the talking heads just making noise, not giving us information.

Lynne said...

If you want real news, go to Real News