Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'M BACK

Thank you for all the votes. I gave up on the continental look. The sun glasses didn't want to sit on top of my head, the pointy Italian shoes hurt my feet and that big buckle color coordinated belt made me look a bit feminine.

These European designers don't want us mature, athletic bodied men to wear their hip hugger clothing. Besides I would have to trim my hair and shave the mustache off. The long hair is a new look, but the mustache has been around a long time and I would hate to part with it for the sake of a new look.

I will sit and enjoy a cocktail at sidewalk cafes, but it will be in the clothing I am comfortable in. Come and join me, and I might even buy the first round.

5 comments:

JoeC said...

Welcome back, Pelmo! Glad you had a safe -- and sounds like -- enjoyable trip.

Pelmo said...

Thanks Joe, a part of me wanted to stay.

Nelson said...

Is this what you mean by mature and athletic bodied?

Brent said...

I hope that's not what he meant especially with the selections of clothing Pelmo was asking help in deciding to buy.

Pelmo said...

Picking on me just because I am the old guy on the block.