Monday, January 26, 2009

FOR WANT OF A BADGE

The times I visited my friend Fozzy at the police district he worked at, I was always tempted to ask all those so called police men and woman if their mothers knew that they were dressed up and playing like the "real police".

According to today's news media, I guess I should have. It appears that a 14 year old police wanna-be, dressed up in a police uniform and walked into a police district, managed to sign out a ticket book, walkie- talkie, etc. and fooled a veteran policeman for five hours while they drove around and answered calls.

I pulled many a young looking officer's chain as I threatened to take them home to their mommies when we worked midnights because it was after curfew. Now it seems they just assign them a car and let them work with no questions asked.

If the lad would have somehow obtained a badge, he could have pulled this off for the next 30 years! The only thing that gave him away was that missing badge.

I know I am going to go to sleep tonight feeling a lot safer.

4 comments:

JoeC said...

No kidding! Glad the kid didn't end up in a serious situation, putting his real-policeman officer at risk. I'll say this, though...the kid has either got nuts in his head or very big brass ones somewhere else.

Nelson said...

Sounds like something out of a Police Academy movie.

Pelmo said...

Joe according to the paper he went on ten calls. your right about nobody getting hurt.

Nelson i worked that district for 18 years and it always has been a model for Police Academy.

Clay Perry said...

hmmmmm, i wonder if this would work at a bank...