Sunday, December 14, 2008

WHY ME??????

I just don't understand it. I am older then dirt according to my son, and I don't kick puppies or dogs. My grand kids love me, and other children don't run from me with terror-filled eyes.

Never smoked those funny hand made cigarettes, and the strongest medication I take is aspirin. I dress conservatively and rarely wear sunglasses or hoodies.

So why is it every time I fly, I am pulled aside for an extra search and I find those little notes inside my luggage informing me that it has been searched also?

Just like while I was on the police department, I was always the lucky one picked for peeing in the bottle to test for drugs. I was always told that it was done randomly by a computer.

If I am so lucky to be chosen so often for the tests and searches; why doesn't the same thing happen with the lottery or drawings for prizes?



4 comments:

JoeC said...

Hmmm...maybe they think if somebody wanted to avoid detection, they'd try to look as normal as possible, and you fit the "most normal" profile better than most people. Maybe get some piercings, tattoos, color your hair purple or wear a turban. Then they'll think: Nobody would dress like that if they didn't want attention, and they'll probably let you through without incident. That's my hair-brained theory, anyway :-)

Pelmo said...

Great idea, off to do some shopping and the tattoo parlor.

La Sirena said...

I don't know why, but it happens to me, too.

Pelmo said...

LaSirena how many times have I told you not to tell people you know me. No wonder you get stopped.