Monday, November 26, 2007

BANK ROBBERIES

I was just wondering. Why is it, when someone robs a bank, everyone is up in arms to capture the culprit? Local and federal law enforcement agencies go into over drive to ensure that he be taken off the streets and incarcerated for as long as possible. They loose nothing, since they are covered by insurance.

But when banks, trough creative financing laws, rob millions of people of their life savings and homes; to ensure huge profits, nary a peep is heard about this injustice. The thing we do hear, is how are we going to help the banks out of the mess that they have created.

So I guess the old adage is true. "THE PEN IS MIGHTIER, THEN THE SWORD".

4 comments:

Brent said...

Why would you want to treat individuals and corporations the same? After all, corporations are soulless entities while individuals are what made this country great.

Pelmo said...

Touche Brent, you have a mighty sharp pen there today. Of course you are right.

Brent said...

Sorry about the tenor of the last comment. My son puked on me 3 times today. I thought that I was being witty, it turns out that I wasn't.

Pelmo said...

You got me to laugh. And kids can do that.